HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK
The area of activity of the Health and Safety at Work Section covers the drafting of acts and other regulations concerning health and safety at work and the co-operation with other line Ministries in drafting individual regulations.
The Section’s work also includes:
- the preparation of expert opinions, analyses, reports, information and other materials concerning health and safety at work
- deciding on appeals against decisions of the Labour Inspectorate
- issuing work permits for carrying out professional tasks in the field of health and safety at work
- issuing authorisations for carrying out trainings for health and safety co-ordinators at construction sites as well as
- international co-operation in the Section's area of activity.
It also monitors and assesses the situation in the field of health and safety at work and subsequently prepares solutions for uniform health and safety arrangements. Furthermore, it promotes health and safety at work in Slovenia by organizing debates and publishing different materials and publications.
The Health and Safety Section also carries out tasks of the National Focal Point concerning the co-operation with the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work.
- Definition of the Field
- Work authorisation for carrying out professional tasks of Safety and Health at work
- Authorisation to provide training for safety and health at work co-ordinators on the construction sites
- National Focal Point
- Slovenian web-projects on Safety and Health at Work:
- Safety and health in hairdresser saloons
- Ergonomics in health care
- Safety and health in construction sector
- Safety and health in restaurants and catering
- Safety and health at work with display screen equipment
- SAFE START - advice provided to young workers on safe and health hazard free work
- STOP THAT NOISE - online handbook on management of noise at the workplace
- Glossary in the field of Safety and Health at Work